Surviving the Recession: Five Ways to Snatch Victory from Defeat
In hindsight, your business was just surviving when the economy was growing and now it is in trouble. With energy and raw material costs rising, drastic measures are needed to ensure your business survives Here is what to do:
- Confirm your basic business strategy: Quickly decide on what is most likely to work and easiest to do.
- Agree on available operating funds: Determine what you have to spend in the business.
- Discuss which accounts and products you can service: Play lifeboat. Save only those accounts you can make money on now.
- Determine three month objectives, activities, accountabilities for your surviving staff.
- Discuss your decisions with your "keeper" staff.
- Communicate your plan to banks, staff, customers and if necessary, the media.
- Build a timetable and roll out strategy and stick to it.
- Drive forward with this sense of urgency and it won’t take long for your business to spring back!
Do you need help from a business growth expert:
- Putting the above strategies in place
- Identifying which accounts and products you can service
- Pinpointing the strategy and right plan to communication to your banks, staff, customers and if necessary, the media.
- Understanding your marketplace, customers, prospects and competitors, especially during a recession and how to craft the right message to sell to them.
If you answered yes to any of the above statements, it’s time to seek an expert’s advice about your company.
Birol’s Growth Consulting offers a range of services to help you snatch victory for a sure defeat. Andy Birol is always 100% focused on helping entrepreneurs like you find and sharpen their Best and Highest Use and strategize about the right steps to take in time of drastic measures. Andy believes that building the right time table to roll-out a new strategy with the right value message will increase your bottom line. Knowing what makes you unique and then finding your niche in the marketplace creates the path to success.
Andy’s personalized consulting is perfect for you if:
- You need an expert’s advice for you company and you need it now.
- You are unwilling to continue at your current pace and feel as if you need assistance identifying the right steps to take in the next three-six months.
- You are looking for the quickest way to align your services with your passion, increase your confidence and return to your comfort zone knowing that you, your employees and customers value your Best and Highest Use.
Andy’s personalized consulting is not the right fit for you if:
Articles by Birol Growth Consulting are © copyrighted and all rights are reserved. However, articles may be reprinted with prior written consent if attribution is included as follows:
© Copyrighted by Andrew J. Birol, President of Birol Growth Consulting, who helps owners grow their businesses by growing their Best and Highest Use ®. Andy can be reached at (412) 973-2080, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the web at www.andybirol.com.