Adopt An Orphan Product Or Service to Grow Your BusinessBy Andrew J. Birol, President, Birol Growth Consulting, Inc.
With so many companies focusing on fewer products, services and customers, why not make a home for another company’s cast-off? Here are five such ways to grow your business.
- Ask your customers which products and services their suppliers are ignoring.
- Take your accounts that no longer fit within your company’s focus and sell them to other providers.
- Sell your competitors the products and services you are better at delivering.
- Partner with your customers to meet their customers’ needs.
- Work with your suppliers to meet the needs of their other customers.
Paul Simon sings, "One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor." Find treasure in the orphan products and services of other companies.
Articles by Birol Growth Consulting are © copyrighted and all rights are reserved. However, articles may be reprinted with prior written consent if attribution is included as follows:
© Copyrighted by Andrew J. Birol, President of Birol Growth Consulting, who helps owners grow their businesses by growing their Best and Highest Use ®. Andy can be reached at (412) 973-2080, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the web at www.andybirol.com.